Fifth World Centre Pilot Project Event: Rwanda
Este texto no ha sido traducido todavía
Fifth World Centre Pilot Project ‘Stop the Violence’ Campaign Training Event
6- 11 May 2013: Kigali, Rwanda
This is a week-long training programme where participants will discover, discuss, understand and be inspired by actions undertaken by the Association des Guides du Rwanda about the Stop the Violence campaign in an African context.
- Foster their leadership skills, especially in relation to advocacy and campaigning.
- Learn more about gender based violence and discrimination through non-formal education activities.
- Take part in a community visit, to see first-hand local initiatives on the ground.
- Develop their own campaign action plan by the end of the training event.
- Have the opportunity to initiate local, regional or national projects on gender based violence and discrimination in participating countries, and to promote them amongst all WAGGGS Member Organizations.
- Participate in a Fifth World Centre pilot project event.
Who can apply?
- This experience aims to have intergenerational and intercultural participants, which includes both young women under 30 as well as women over 30 from all around the world
- People interested in: undertaking actions with and for the community, especially in terms of advocacy and campaigning; working on the WAGGGS 'Stop the Violence' campaign and contributing to one of the Fifth World Centre Pilot Project activities.
- People committing themselves to learn and gain new skills and competencies, to draft action plans during the event, implement them back home and report at the end.
- People with an understanding of and be able to communicate well in either English or French.
- The programme runs from Monday 6 to Saturday 11 May 2013. Participants are expected to arrive by Sunday 5 May.
- The cost of the training programme is $980 USD per person. This includes all meals, accommodation, and programme. Please note that this does not include flights and travel to and from Kigali from your country as well as the insurance and visa costs.
- Please note that a limited number grants will be available. To apply, download the grant application form and submit along with your application form.